#EFHSchat: How you can engage with legislatorsJanuary 11, 2019
Educators for High Standards, in collaboration with The PIE Network, will be hosting a Twitter chat on how educators can and should be engaging with local and state policymakers.
I would love for you to join us for our #EFHSchat on Thursday, January 17 at 8pm ET.
The chat will feature discussions on the successes and challenges teachers have faced when building relationships with legislators, so we can all become better advocates for our students and profession.
Click here to sign up for reminder about the chat.
We know how busy school days can be, so to make your participation as simple as possible here the questions so you can brainstorm your answers ahead of time.
- Why is it important for educators to engage with policymakers?
- What issues have you engaged with policymakers on or would you like to engage in?
- What are successful strategies you use to engage with local, state and national policymakers to advocate for your students?
- What were challenges you face when engaging with policymakers and legislators and potential lessons learned?
- Legislators are facing many important issues, aside from education. How can educators reach legislators and help better prioritize education?
- What advice do you have for teachers looking to engage with policymakers but might not know where to start?
- As we come to a close, what are some final thoughts you’d like to share about your educator engagement with legislators?
Tell your friends that you’re planning to join the chat so that they can join too.
We can’t wait to have you share your expertise as a part of the digital conversation!
P.S. Don’t forget: Sign up here and we’ll send you an easy reminder to your inbox to join the chat.